You must use your NECOID (the first part of your email address) and the password Student2017! to log into online library resources.
OD2s, OD3s, OD4s, ASIPs/AODPs:
As of Spring 2014, the College has moved to a new NECOnline instance, which is now hosted outside of the College. Previously, changing your NECOnline password meant that the password you use to log into online library resources from off campus would be changed as well. Please note that this is no longer the case. Though your NECOID will remain the same, the password you use to access library resources from off campus is the same as your old NECOnline password -- NOT the one you use to log into the current NECOnline. Should you need to retrieve/change your old NECOnline password in order to log into library resources, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Access the old NECOnline site, and click "Login" in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Type in your NECOID where it says "Username," and click "Forgotten your username or password?"
3. Submit either your NECOID or your NECO email address, and click "Search." You will be emailed directions re: changing your password.
4. Once your password has been updated, it can be used along with your NECOID to access online library resources.
This is a confusing change that is currently beyond the control of IT and the Library, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us using the information in the box to the right. Please note that passwords expire every 90 days.
Please continue to use the NECOID/password combination you use to log into your on-campus networked computers in order to access online library resources from off campus. Please note that passwords expire every 90 days.
Please contact the library staff using the information in the box to the right to obtain off-campus access to online library resources.
If you are a NECO graduate, please use your NECOID and password to access library online resources from off campus. If you can't remember or need to change your password, please follow the steps delineated above. If you are not a NECO graduate, please contact the library staff using the information in the box to the right to obtain off-campus access to online library resources.
Need Help? Contact us!
Setting Up Google Scholar for Off-Campus Use
Using Google Scholar from on campus at NECO will bring up the library's electronic holdings. If you want to use Google Scholar from off campus, however, you will need to follow these simple steps:
1. Go to Google Scholar and conduct your search.
2. Click the down arrow in the upper-right corner; choose Settings.
3. In the list on the left, choose Library Links.
4. Search for New England College of Optometry. When it comes up, select it and click Save. This will bring up NECO's electronic holdings when you search.
To see if the library owns the item in print, or to request an article we don't own either electronically or in print: click on More under the article title, and then Find at NECO or request.